Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd, (AJMER DISCOM) has been established under the Companies Act,1956 by Govt. of Rajasthan. The Ajmer Discom has been created with the principal object of engaging in the business of distribution and supply of electricity in 11 districts of Rajasthan, namely Ajmer, Bhilwara, Nagaur, Sikar, Jhunjhunu, Udaipur, Banswara, Chittorgarh, Rajsamand, Dungarpur and Pratapgarh. The area of operation of Ajmer Discom is 87256 sq. km. And the population in this area is 198 lacs as per 2001 census. The power supply in the Ajmer Discom is managed by 12 distribution circles i.e. Ajmer City, Ajmer District, Bhilwara, Nagaur, Sikar, Jhunjhunu, Udaipur, Banswara, Chittorgarh, Rajsamand, Dungarpur and Pratapgarh.
Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation Limited (RRECL) had been formed by merging erstwhile REDA (Rajasthan Energy Development Agency) and the Rajasthan State Power Corporation Ltd (RSPCL) in August 2002. Corporation is registered under Companies Act 1956.RRECL is working as a State Nodal Agency for promoting & developing Non-conventional Energy Sources in the State and as a State Designated Agency (SDA) for enforcement of provisions of Energy Conservation Act 2001 in the State.
This agency co-ordinate the programme activities between various programmes on Non-conventional Energy Sources and the Society. It is also engaged in creating awareness among people towards conservation of energy, protection of environment degradation through demonstration projects and other methods.
The Corporation under the control of Chairman is headed by Managing Director, at the State H.Q. Jaipur who is assisted by Director (Tech), Additional Director, three General Managers, seven Project Managers in addition to other staff. There are nine block offices of the Corporation in the State headed by a Project Officer of Assistant Engineer/Junior Engineer rank. These Project Officers handle activities connected with non-conventional energy sources in all the 33 districts in Rajasthan.
Accept challenges - Face difficulties and overcome impediments to achieve the laid down goals.
Performance - Complete the assigned job within given deadline with full dedication and discipline.
Loyalty - Keep the company's needs super ordinate to or at resonant with personal needs.
The legislative Assembly of Rajasthan approved the Rajasthan Power Sector Reforms Bill (Reform Bill) on September 25,1999. The reform bill received the Presidential Assent on December 28,1999 and became effective from June 1, 2000. As the first initiative in implementing the reforms program, GoR established Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission (RERC) in January 2000. The vertically integrated monopoly power utility RSEB was unbundled into new entities on 19th July 2000, based on functional specialization, namely:
· Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited(RVUN), to operate and maintain the existing state owned power stations
· Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Limited (RVPN), to undertake the function of transmission and bulk supply of electricity in Rajasthan and also own the rights in shared inter-state partnership projects.
· The distribution function was separated from RSEB and vested into three Distribution Companies, registered under the Companies Act namely, Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited, Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited and Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited.
· Area of Jodhpur Discom 1.82 Lacs. Sq. KM
· The area of Jodhpur Discom is equivalent to area of Gujarat (1.96 Lacs Sq. KM).
· The area of Jodhpur Discom is more than three times to area of Punjab (0.50 Lacs Sq. KM)
Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Limited (RVPN) a company under the Companies Act, 1956 and registered with Registrar of Companies as "RAJASTHAN RAJYA VIDYUT PRASARAN NIGAM LIMITED" vide No. 17-016485 of 2000-2001 (Corporate Identity Number (CIN) : U40109RJ2000SGC016485) with its Registered Office at VIDYUT BHAWAN, JYOTI NAGAR, JAIPUR-302005 has been established on 19 July, 2000 by Govt. of Rajasthan under the provisions of the Rajasthan Power Sector Reforms Act, 1999 as the successor company of RSEB. The RERC has granted RVPN a license for transmission and bulk supply vide RERC/Transmission and Bulk Supply License 4/2001 dated 30.4.2001 to function as Transmission and Bulk Supply Licensee in the State.
Under the provision of the Electricity Act, 2003, RVPN has been declared as State Transmission Utility (STU) by Govt. of Rajasthan w.e.f 10.06.2003. Section 39(1) of this act, prohibits the STU to undertake business of trading of electricity, however RVPN continued its function of transmission of bulk power from generating stations to inter-phase point of Discoms from 1st April 2004. Now the Distribution Companies are directly contracting with Generating Companies in accordance to the share allocated by the State Government. RVPN has been discharging wheeling of power and transmission of electricity only. Rajasthan Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (RUVNL) has been established for purchase of power on behalf of Discoms.
RVPN provides the pathway for power within whole of Rajasthan. RVPN owns, builds, maintains and operates the high-voltage electric transmission system that helps to keep the lights on, businesses running and communities strong. RVPN also owns the shared generating projects as representative of erstwhile RSEB.
Our customers include electricity generators, distribution companies and open access consumers who count on RVPN to deliver power from the location of generation to inter-phase point of Discoms enabling them to supply where it's needed in the homes and businesses they serve.
Our aim is to provide reliable electric transmission service to these customers. As a public utility whose infrastructure serves as the link in transporting electricity to millions of electricity users, RVPN has following duties and responsibilities:
• Intra state transmission of electricity through Intra-State Transmission System;
• New creation of EHV lines and Grid Sub Stations of 765 kV/400 kV/220 kV/132 kV rating including their maintenance and augmentations;
• Planning and co-ordination relating to intra-state transmission with all concerned agencies such as CTU, State Govt., generating companies, licensees, Regional Power Committees etc.;
• Ensuring development of an efficient, coordinate and economical system of intra-state transmission of electricity from generating stations to Load Centers;
• Non-discriminatory Open Access to its transmission system on payment of transmission charges; &
• Complying with the directions of RLDC and SLDC, operating SLDC until any other authority is established by the State Govt.
Now RVPN is "An ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company" and also, RVPN's Meter Testing Laboratories at Jaipur and Udaipur are now "ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Certified" .
The objective of Electrical Inspectorate (Govt. of Rajasthan) is to ensure electrical safety and Accident free electrical installations in the State of Rajasthan. The Electrical Inspectorate is a statutory creation under the Indian Electricity Act, 1910 & came into existence in the State of Rajasthan consequent to the formation of IE Rules, 1956. It was a part of the erstwhile Electricity Department of the Government of Rajasthan. After the formation of State Electricity Board, the Electrical Inspectorate was made as an independent department functioning under the administrative control of Energy Department, Government of Rajasthan. The Senior Electrical Inspector to Govt. is Head of the Department. The Senior Electrical Inspector is also the Chairman of Technical Committee.
The Rajasthan Electrical Inspectorate exercises the powers and performs functions specified in the following Acts Rules/Regulations framed thereunder.
1. The Rajasthan Chief Electrical Inspector and Electrical Inspectors (Power and Function) Rules, 2016.
2. The Electricity act, 2003. (formerly The Indian Electricity Act 1910)
3. Central Electricity Authority Regulations 2010 and 2011(formerly Indian Electricity Rules 1956)
3a. The Central Electricity Authority(Technical standards for construction of Electrical Plants and Electric Lines)Regulation 2010.
3b. The Central Electricity Authority ( Measures Relating to Safety and Electric supply) Regulation 2010
3c. The Central Electricity Authority (Safety Requirements for Construction, operation and Maintenance of Electrical Plants and Electric Lines) Regulations,2011.
4. The Rajasthan Cinemas (Regulation) Act. 1952 and The Rajasthan Cinemas (Regulation) Rules 1959.
5. The Energy Conservation Act, 2001.
6. The Intimation of Accidents ( Form and Time of Service of Notice) Rules 2016.
7. Conditions and Rules for the Grant of certificates of Competency to Electrical Supervisors and Wiremen and Licences to Electrical Contrcators in the State of Rajasthan 1956 (As Amended time of time).
The Rajasthan State as it exists today is the result of the integration of 19 former Princely States and was formed in April,1949 with which, the former State of Ajmer was merged in Nov.,1956, and has an area of 1,32,147 square miles and had a population of 1,59,70,774 according to the Census of 1951.
The Rajasthan State Electricity Board was constituted with effect from 1st July,1957 by Government of Rajasthan Notification No. F.11/OSD(PWD)/57 dated the 28th June,1957 under the Electricity (Supply) Act,1948 which enactment has for its object, the co-ordinated development and rationalisation of generation and supply of electricity on a regional basis throughout the country in the most efficient and economical way.
Government of Rajasthan on 19th July 2000, issued a gazette notification unbundling Rajasthan State Electricity Board into Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd.(RVUN), the generation Company; Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Ltd.,(RVPN), the transmission Company and the three regional distribution companies namely Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.,(JVVNL) Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.(AVVNL) and Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.(JdVVNL)
The Generation Company owns and operates the thermal power stations at Kota and Suratgarh, Gas based power station at Ramgarh, Hydel power station at Mahi and mini hydel stations in the State.
The Transmission Company operates all the 765 kV,400kV, 220 kV and 132 kV electricity lines and system in the State.
The three distribution Companies operate and maintain the electricity system below 132kV in the State in their respective areas.
RAJASTHAN URJA VIKAS NIGAM LIMITED was incorporated on 04.12.2015 under the Companies Act, 2013 and limited by shares. CIN of the company is U40104RJ2015SGC048738. The company has been formed by the Government of Rajasthan to carry out Power trading business for the State Power sector distribution companies. Earlier to formation of this company, the power trading was being done through the “Rajasthan Discoms Power Procurement Centre” constituted by the State Power Distribution Companies of Rajasthan . The company has started its functioning w.e.f. 01.04.2016 and acquired the functions of “Rajasthan Discoms Power Procurement Centre” (RDPPC).