Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Limited (RVPN) a company under the Companies Act, 1956 and registered with Registrar of Companies as "RAJASTHAN RAJYA VIDYUT PRASARAN NIGAM LIMITED" vide No. 17-016485 of 2000-2001 (Corporate Identity Number (CIN) : L40109RJ2000SGC016485) with its Registered Office at VIDYUT BHAWAN, JYOTI NAGAR, JAIPUR-302005 has been established on 19 July, 2000 by Govt. of Rajasthan under the provisions of the Rajasthan Power Sector Reforms Act, 1999 as the successor company of RSEB. The RERC has granted RVPN a license for transmission and bulk supply vide RERC/Transmission and Bulk Supply License 4/2001 dated 30.4.2001 to function as Transmission and Bulk Supply Licensee in the State.
Under the provision of the Electricity Act, 2003, RVPN has been declared as State Transmission Utility (STU) by Govt. of Rajasthan w.e.f 10.06.2003. Section 39(1) of this act, prohibits the STU to undertake business of trading of electricity, however RVPN continued its function of transmission of bulk power from generating stations to inter-phase point of Discoms from 1st April 2004. Now the Distribution Companies are directly contracting with Generating Companies in accordance to the share allocated by the State Government. RVPN has been discharging wheeling of power and transmission of electricity only. Rajasthan Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (RUVNL) has been established for purchase of power on behalf of Discoms.
RVPN provides the pathway for power within whole of Rajasthan. RVPN owns, builds, maintains and operates the high-voltage electric transmission system that helps to keep the lights on, businesses running and communities strong. RVPN also owns the shared generating projects as representative of erstwhile RSEB.
Our customers include electricity generators, distribution companies and open access consumers who count on RVPN to deliver power from the location of generation to inter-phase point of Discoms enabling them to supply where it's needed in the homes and businesses they serve.
Our aim is to provide reliable electric transmission service to these customers. As a public utility whose infrastructure serves as the link in transporting electricity to millions of electricity users, RVPN has following duties and responsibilities:
• Intra state transmission of electricity through Intra-State Transmission System;
• New creation of EHV lines and Grid Sub Stations of 765 kV/400 kV/220 kV/132 kV rating including their maintenance and augmentations;
• Planning and co-ordination relating to intra-state transmission with all concerned agencies such as CTU, State Govt., generating companies, licensees, Regional Power Committees etc.;
• Ensuring development of an efficient, coordinate and economical system of intra-state transmission of electricity from generating stations to Load Centers;
• Non-discriminatory Open Access to its transmission system on payment of transmission charges; &
• Complying with the directions of RLDC and SLDC, operating SLDC until any other authority is established by the State Govt.
Now RVPN is "An ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company" and also, RVPN's Meter Testing Laboratories at Jaipur and Udaipur are now "ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Certified" .