Powers & Functions
Powers & Functions of Electrical Inspectorate
- Safe operation and maintenance of Electrical installation to avoid electrical fatal, non-fatal accidents and loss of property due to fire caused by electricity as per the provision of The Electricity Act. 2003 ( formerly The Indian Electricity Act 1910) and the intimation of accidents (Form and Time of Service of notice) Rules, 2016.
- Inquiry of Electrical accidents :- " Under The Intimations of Accidents (Form and time of Service of notice) Rules 2005 (Formerly rule 44A of the I.E. Rules 1956 ) & the intimation of accidents (Form and Time of Service of notice) Rules, 2016.
- Inquiry of electrical accidents is carried out by this department and report thereof is sent to the Energy Department (The Administrative Department).
- Approval of HT/EHT installations :- Regulation 43 of CEA Regulation 2010 (formerly rule 63 of I.E. Rules 1956) approval of consumers` HT/EHT installation is accorded by this department to energise the installation by the concerned discom.
- There is a periodical inspection scheme under Regulation 30 of The Central Electricity Authority (Measures Relating to Safety and Electric supply) Regulations 2010 (formerly rule 46 of I.E. Rules 1956) for the installation referred above to observe safely.
- Approvals to consumers to install and energise Electrical Generators is also accorded by this department under Regulation 32 of The Central Electricity Authority (Measures Relating to Safety and Electric supply) Regulations 2010 and Rajasthan Gazette notification No. F.23(3) Energy/2015.
- Approval of Electrical installation in multi Storeyed buildings in accorded under regulation 36 of The Central Electricity Auithority (Measures Relating to Safety and Electric supply) Regulations 2010 (Formerly Rule 50A of I.E Rules, 1956) Electrical Contractors` licences, Certificates to Electrical Supervisors and permits to Electrical Wiremen are issued by this department under Regulation 29 of The Central Electricity Authority (Measures Relating to Safety and Electric supply) Regulations 2010 (Formerly Rule 45 of I.E Rules 1956). For this purpose a Technical committee is working in this department.
- Inspection of Cinemas (Initial & periodical) and Grant of licence to Cinema operators are also the functions of this department under Rule 10(b), 12(1), 68 of The Rajasthan Cinema (Reg.) Rule 1959 (Formerly Rajasthan cinema (Reg.) Act. 1952 respectively.
- For the safety of VVIPs & VIPs From electrical hazards during their visit to the State prior inspections are carried out by the officials of this department and certificates are issue as required in blue book.