The objective of Electrical Inspectorate (Govt. of Rajasthan) is to ensure electrical safety and Accident free electrical installations in the State of Rajasthan. The Electrical Inspectorate is a statutory creation under the Indian Electricity Act, 1910 & came into existence in the State of Rajasthan consequent to the formation of IE Rules, 1956. It was a part of the erstwhile Electricity Department of the Government of Rajasthan. After the formation of State Electricity Board, the Electrical Inspectorate was made as an independent department functioning under the administrative control of Energy Department, Government of Rajasthan. The Senior Electrical Inspector to Govt. is Head of the Department. The Senior Electrical Inspector is also the Chairman of Technical Committee.
The Rajasthan Electrical Inspectorate exercises the powers and performs functions specified in the following Acts Rules/Regulations framed thereunder.
1. The Rajasthan Chief Electrical Inspector and Electrical Inspectors (Power and Function) Rules, 2016.
2. The Electricity act, 2003. (formerly The Indian Electricity Act 1910)
3. Central Electricity Authority Regulations 2010 and 2011(formerly Indian Electricity Rules 1956)
3a. The Central Electricity Authority(Technical standards for construction of Electrical Plants and Electric Lines)Regulation 2010.
3b. The Central Electricity Authority ( Measures Relating to Safety and Electric supply) Regulation 2010
3c. The Central Electricity Authority (Safety Requirements for Construction, operation and Maintenance of Electrical Plants and Electric Lines) Regulations,2011.
4. The Rajasthan Cinemas (Regulation) Act. 1952 and The Rajasthan Cinemas (Regulation) Rules 1959.
5. The Energy Conservation Act, 2001.
6. The Intimation of Accidents ( Form and Time of Service of Notice) Rules 2016.
7. Conditions and Rules for the Grant of certificates of Competency to Electrical Supervisors and Wiremen and Licences to Electrical Contrcators in the State of Rajasthan 1956 (As Amended time of time).